Top Ten Picks is a weekly meme by Jillian about your top 10 picks! Each week, there will be a different theme and this weeks theme is 'fictional places'. So here are my top 10 fictional places (in no particular order) ~
Places I'd Love To Visit
1. Hogwarts (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling)
I would absolutely love to go and learn at Hogwarts, magical lessons during the day, big feasts for tea, and Quidditch for fun, what more could you ask for?!
2. Susie's Heaven (The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold)
Of course I don't want to be dead, after all, who does? But if I died and went to a place like the heaven described in The Lovely Bones, I'd be pretty happy.
3. Forks (Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer)
I hate summer, so the thought of somewhere where it rains a lot and generally has pretty bad weather is the place for me! There also is that little matter of perhaps bumping into one of the rather lovely Cullens too...!
4. Stonehaven (The Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong)
I loves the wolves in this series, and I really wish I could be one of them so I could live at Stonehaven with Jeremy! I think it would be pretty awesome to just go running free on the land whenever you wanted!
5. House of Night (House of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast)
Another school, but this time a vampire one. I love vampires, so learning their histories and how to become one is pretty darn cool in my book.
Places I Wouldn't Want To Visit
6. Bon Temps (The Southern Vampire mysteries by Charlaine Harris)
I love Bon Temps and there are many places there I'd love to visit, such as Merlotte's, and Sookie's house. However, with all the wars, and the random disappearances, I think I'd be better off not visiting!
7. The Arena (The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
Not really a place anyone would want to be. After all, it's kill or be killed and I have a feeling I'd die pretty quickly in that place!
8. The Forest (The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan)
Again, not a place you'd like to be, surrounded by zombies that will bite you in a blink of an eye. You'd either be eaten to death, or you'd become one, neither is a particularly fun fate!
9. Morganville (Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine)
Who would want to live in a town where mean vampires are the bosses and humans are food. Get caught out after dark and you're guaranteed to become dinner, would be rather scary wouldn't it.
10. Europe, 6000 Years Ago (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver)
Just seems like such a harsh and brutal place to be, not to mention incredibly scary. Couldn't imagine having to walk for days, hunt for the simplest of foods and fight with possessed animals.
So where are your favourite fictional places?