In My Mailbox (14)

In My Mailbox is a meme created by The Story Siren, and sums up my past week in book purchases!

So this week I bought 2 books:

Photobucket

Kelley Armstrong - Waking The Witch

The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favor to one of the agency's associates. At first glance, the murders look garden-variety human, but on closer inspection signs point to otherworldly stakes.

~~~~~

Photobucket

Linwood Barclay - Fear The Worst

The worst day of Tim Blake's life started out with him making breakfast for his seventeen-year-old daughter Sydney. Syd was staying with him while she worked a summer job - even if he wasn't entirely sure what her job at the Just Inn Time motel actually was - and Tim hoped this quality father-daughter time would somehow help her deal with his divorce. When she didn't arrive home at her usual time, he thought she'd probably gone to the mall to hang with her friends. When she didn't answer her phone he began to worry. When she didn't come home at all, he began to panic. And when the people at the motel said they had no Sydney Blake working there, and never had, he began to see his life going into freefall. If she hadn't been working at the motel every day, what had she been doing? Something she couldn't - or wouldn't - tell her own father about? To find his daughter Tim doesn't need to simply track her down - he needs to know who she really was, and what could have made her step out of her own life without leaving a trace. Only one thing has him convinced the worst hasn't already happened: the fact that some very scary people seem just as eager as he is to find her. The question is: who's going to find her first?

9 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

I hope you enjoy them, I haven't heard of them, but they sounds like good reads!!! Looking forward to reading your reviews!!!

Feel free to check out my Mailbox

Happy Reading!

Book Sake said...

Can't wait to read Waking the Witch!

Check out our Mailbox at BookSake.

Tara said...

These sound great! Happy reading!
My IMM can be found here.

CHRISTIE said...

Great books! I really need to have a Kelley Armstrong read-athon. I loved Bitten.

Enjoy your new books!

jedi145 said...

I love Kelley Armstrong :)

A Life Bound By Books said...

Enjoy your books! :)

Ava said...

Thanks for stopping by my page! Hope you enjoy your books!

Unknown said...

These sound super good! I just added Fear the Worst to my list :)

Kari said...

I've never heard of either of these, but they both look interesting, especially Fear the Worst.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy your books, too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up