In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox is a meme created by The Story Siren, and sums up my past week in book purchases!

So this week I bought 6 books:

Photobucket

Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games

Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed. When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.

~~~~~

Photobucket

Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

~~~~~

Photobucket

Carol Lynch Williams - The Chosen One

Thirteen-year-old Kyra has grown up in her isolated community without ever questioning the fact that her father has three wives and she has twenty brothers and sisters; without ever questioning the strict rules imposed by 'the Prophet who leads them. But now Kyra has started keeping secrets. She reads books that are forbidden and sneaks away to meet Joshua, the boy she hopes to choose for herself, instead of having a husband chosen for her. Kyra knows that it's only a matter of time before her two secret loves are discovered. And when the Prophet decrees that she is to become the seventh wife of her sixty-year-old uncle, Kyra is forced to make a desperate choice. But saving herself means endangering everyone she's ever cared for. How far should she go for freedom?

~~~~~

Photobucket

Elizabeth Gilbert - Eat, Pray, Love

Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success (marriage, house in the country, career) and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali.

~~~~~

Photobucket

Charlaine Harris/Maggie Shayne/Barbara Hambly - Night's Edge

Three new stories in one delicious volume of horror and romance.

Her Best Enemy by Maggie Shayne
Kiley Brigham refuses to believe there's a ghost in her house, but when an unseen hand leaves a bloody message on her bathroom mirror, she's forced to turn to local psychic Jack McCain. As the two work to uncover a long-buried secret, Kiley finds that she's haunted not by spirits, but by thoughts of Jack...

Someone Else's Shadow by Barbara Hambly
Maddie Laveau worries about her young roommate, Tessa, when she stays late to practice ballet in the old Glendower Building...and when Tessa goes missing, Maddie enlists mysterious tenant Phil Anderson to help. But is Phil the white knight she needs, or the predator she fears?

Dancers In The Dark by Charlaine Harris
Layla LaRue LeMay is no ordinary dancer - her partner, Sean McClendon, is a three-hundred-year-old redheaded vampire. So when Layla Rue acquires a stalker, she's forced to face the music...and wonder if this will finally be her last dance.

~~~~~

Photobucket

Rachel Vincent - Pride

The werecat council has three cardinal laws and headstrong Faythe stands accused of breaking two of them: infecting a human with her supernatural skills and killing him to cover her tracks. With the death penalty hanging over her head, Faythe has no escape route left. Until a shapeshifter informs the pride of a rash of rogue strays terrorising his land. Yet this threat is nothing like any they've seen before. Only Faythe has the knowledge to save the pride, but can she prove her worth? Or will the council's verdict condemn them all?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Chosen One was an AMAZING read! You're going to love it.

Allison said...

yay for The Hunger Games! I'm getting pretty hyped up for Mockingjay :)

Holly said...

I think it's about time I read The Hunger Games series, everyone raves about it!

Anonymous said...

The Hunger Games is awesome. You picked a good time to read them; you won't have to wait for the final book! =D

Misha said...

I love The Hunger games. Great books!

Misha

Krista/Tower of Books said...

I hope you enjoy The Hunger Games, as well as your other books. ;)

Unknown said...

Those Hunger Games covers are fun--I've never seen those ones. I've also never heard of Night's Edge--but I loved that dance couple in whichever Sookie book they showed up in :)

Candace said...

HG and CF are awesome! Great books!

CHRISTIE said...

Loved The Hunger Games and Catching Fire! I’m thinking I need to read Eat, Pray, Love so I can go to watch the movie :)

Enjoy!

brandileigh2003 said...

Awesome book week. I love the hunger games series- hope you do too. Here’s my IMMB

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i love that cover for the hunger games!! enjoy!

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

i love the hunger games and the chosen one was awesome

Christina T said...

I love the Hunger Games books. I need to get my own copy of the first book. I've heard that The Chosen One is really good. I want to try that Rachel Vincent series too. I liked her YA books. I hope you enjoy all of these!

Anonymous said...

Loved The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Enjoy!

YA Book Queen said...

Yay for THG and CF! I cannot wait for Mockingjay!

Hope you enjoy them all :)

Kathy Martin said...

You got some good books. I liked both Hunger Games books and Pride. I read the anthology too. My mailbox is here. Happy reading!

Nat said...

You're gonna love The Hunger Games! Enjoy!

Lori said...

I hope you enjoy all your books. I loved Pride. Check out my mailbox

Orchid said...

Awesome books, especially Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Someone Else's Shadow sounds interesting. Happy reading. ^_^

pussreboots said...

I have The Hunger Games on my TBR pile. Enjoy your books. Here's what I received.

Unknown said...

Hunger Games seem to be very popular these days. I hope you enjoy it. Do you plan to see Eat Pray Love at the movies?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up