Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


No. of pages: 416
Rating: 9/10
Series: The Wolves Of Mercy Falls (Book 2)

Synopsis: It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with.

Sam, who spent most of his life as a werewolf, has undergone an unlikely cure and no longer transitions between fur and skin as the temperature changes from cold to hot. This should be a happy time for Sam and true-love Grace, but just as he begins to trust his new human life, Grace feels herself slipping away. Sam's focus is split between worry for Grace and his role as caretaker of the werewolf pack, which for the first time in years includes new members.


Review: Grace finally has what she's always dreamed of - Sam, in human form. But of course, love never runs smoothly, and the couple start coming across many obstacles to their life together. Isabel is trying to recover from the death of her brother when she meets Cole, and together they find a way to discover the meaning of truly living.

I absolutely adored Shiver, which has been one of my favourite reads in recent history, so although I was massively looking forward to Linger, I was also a bit apprehensive about where the story would go. I have to admit, I never imagined before I started reading it that it would end the way it did, that was a complete surprise, but it's a plot point I guessed pretty early on when reading it. I loved that Isabel and Cole were narrators, Isabel is a great character, and I never imagined that I would enjoy reading her chapters as much as I did. Cole grew on me as the book progressed and we learned more about him. Sam is... well he's Sam, and I can honestly say I have a serious crush on that boy! Sam and Grace are such a perfect couple though and so I can't wait to read the final book in the trilogy to see how it all ends, because this is such a fantastic series, with great, lovable characters. I would definitely recommend Shiver and Linger both!

2 comments:

Elle said...

I love surprises! :) I haven't read either book yet, but I'm slowly making my way through my pile of books and will eventually get there! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review - I had to stop by and see what you thought after you posted about Linger on my blog. :) Now I'm really curious to see how the book ends! And you're the second person I've seen reading Dark Goddess, I'm really going to have to pick that one up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up