Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer


No. of pages: 754
Rating: 9/10
Series: Twilight Saga (Book 4)

Synopsis: To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs. Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed...forever?

Review: This is the other book in the series that had to grow on me, initially I thought it was ridiculous, but now I rather enjoy the story. As Bella graduates school, it's time to face life as an adult and all the decisions that come with that. Things don't quite turn out as anyone expected though...

I hated this the first time I read it, it seemed so incredibly far-fetched and so unlike the other books that it's hard to stomach. But the more I read it the more I can accept the story, though there are still bits I dislike, hence the 4.5/5. The ending in particular annoys me, there's so much build up and then just nothing.

Highlight for spoilers:
Whilst the character is very cute, I cannot stand the name Renesmee, I think it's awful and ruins the flow of the story. Also, I find it silly that she cut out any sexuality, yet had a half-breed baby eating its way out of Bella's stomach as she's dying, again just cannot understand the reasoning behing that. The ending with the Volturi was pointless, why was there so much build up, just to have them walk away?

1 comments:

La Coccinelle said...

Yeah, all the wasted build-up annoyed me, too. It's been a while since I read this book, but for me, my view of it has gone down since.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up