The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong


No. of pages: 391
Rating: 10/10
Series: Darkest Powers (Book 3)

Synopsis: Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

Review: In the last installation of the series, Chloe, Tori, Derek and Simon think they're safe and start to plan a return to save their friend and Chloe's aunt. But they're not as safe as they first assume, and alarm bells start ringing when the people that say they're protecting become very scared by their powers. So it falls to the four teens to yet again figure out a way to do it all by themselves...

Like the first two books, I absolutely shot through this one, they are just so hard to put down. The thing I love about Kelley Armstrong's books are that they're never predictable, and it's great to be surprised at every turn. The story didn't go how I imagined it to go at all in this book, but it was completely gripping none the less. There's also a lot of different things you get with this series, a bit of romance mixed with humour, action and mystery, and I think it's great that there's such variety. I love the characters of Chloe and Derek so much, and have from the first book, but it's great to see how both of the characters have grown and evolved over the series. I was really pleased that I got the ending I was hoping for as well, and just cannot rave enough not only about this series but about Armstrong too. Her Women Of The Otherworld is an amazing series also, so if you're a fan of these books, be sure to check those ones out as well, and vice versa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed up until 2 a.m. on Wednesday trying to finish this book. So awesome! I'm hoping to get my review up tomorrow. I can't wait to read more from Armstrong, she's really great and I'm so glad to have read these books.

Book Sake said...

I just finished reading this one last night. You are right, they are hard to put down, Armstrong makes it easy to immerse oneself in the book!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up