Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris


No. of pages: 306
Rating: 10/10
Series: Harper Connelly (Book 4)

Synopsis: Lightning-struck sleuth Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver take a break from looking for the dead to visit the two little girls they both think of as sisters. But, as always happens when they travel to Texas, memories of their horrible childhood resurface. To make matters worse, Tolliver learns from his older brother that their father is out of jail and trying to reestablish contact with other family members. Tolliver wants no part of the man - but he may not have a choice in the matter.

Soon, family secrets ensnare them both, and what Harper finds out will change her world forever.

Review: Harper and Tolliver decide to go to Texas and spend some time with their little sisters, but stop to do a quick grave reading on the way. What in theory was just a quick job, turns into something much more sinister, and reveals things Harper and Tolliver would never have expected...

As I was expecting, this book was great! I love the characters of Harper and Tolliver and I like the supernatural aspect of the series, which is really interesting to read about. The story was gripping throughout, as are the other books in this series, but this had a shocker of an ending that I didn't see coming at all! I was really glad to see Manfred, what a fantastic character he is, and I'm so glad he played a pivotal role in the final story. I'm so sad this is the last book to be written about them though, I felt there was still plenty of stories left to be told about their adventures but I'm glad it was wrapped up in a good way. To anyone who hasn't read this series, I'd definitely recommend it, infact I'd just recommend anything by Charlaine Harris, that lady sure can write!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up