The Hound Of The Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle


No. of pages: 148
Rating: 4/5
Series: Sherlock Holmes

Synopsis: The Hound of the Baskervilles is the classic detective chiller. It features the world's greatest detective, Sherlock Holmes, in his most challenging case. The Baskerville family is haunted by a phantom beast "with blazing eyes and dripping jaws" which roams the mist-enshrouded moors around the isolated Baskerville Hall on Dartmoor. Now the hound seems to be stalking young Sir Henry, the new master of the Baskerville estate. Is this devilish spectre the manifestation of the family curse? Or is Sir Henry the victim of a vile and scheming murderer? Only Sherlock Holmes can solve this devilish affair.

Review: When Sir Charles Baskerville is found dead under suspicious circumstances, his close friend goes to Sherlock Holmes for help to solve the mystery of the hound that curses the Baskerville family...

When this book was chosen for a book circle, I was dreading having to read it. I've never managed to complete a 'classic' book before because for some reason I just cannot get my head around the old language. But I was pleasantly surprised, not only that I managed to read it pretty easily, but that I really enjoyed it too! I've always loved a good mystery and this one was well written, although parts of the ending were fairly guessable. The characters had very strong personalities, and although many weren't that likeable, I thought Watson was a great character and he fast became my favourite. I will definitely be looking into other Sherlock Holmes books in the future!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up