Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine


No. of pages: 356
Rating: 10/10
Series: The Morganville Vampires (Book 6)

Synopsis: In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace - until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths.

He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants - the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?

Review: As the problems between Bishop and Amelie come to a head, everyone must battle to save those they care about, and fight to save the future of Morganville...

In this book Claire really gets a chance to flourish as her own person and we see her grow up and adapt pretty quickly. I did miss the fact there wasn't as much Eve, Shane or Michael in this book, but I was glad to see this portion of the storyline come to an end as I really was ready for it to be done. Ada was an interesting addition of character, I'm not sure I particularly like her, but I guess we can only see what her motives are as the books carry on. Myrnin is still my favourite, the series would not be anywhere near as great without him, he's a fantastic character. I'm so glad I bought all of these books to read back to back, and would advise anyone intending to get them to do the same, each book tends to have a big cliffhanger which I imagine would be mighty frustrating if you had to wait a while before seeing what happened next.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up