Fallen by Lauren Kate


No. of pages: 452
Rating: 7/10
Series: Fallen (Book 1)

Synopsis: There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Review: Lucinda Price has been sent to the Sword & Cross boarding school after her involvement in a strange accident. As they strip Luce of everything from the outside world, including her cell phone, she can only assume S&C is going to be hell. That is until she meets Daniel Grigori, who she finds oddly alluring, especially as he seems to hate her. Luce becomes obsessed though, and is determined to find out about Daniel and get close to him, even if doing so will kill her...

I have to admit, it was the cover that drew me to this book. I think it's stunning, and it really intrigued me as to what the story was about. The story itself is nothing unique though, and I actually found the first half of the book a tad too slow going, which made it a bit hard to get into. But when it finally got to the revelations, the story picked up massively, and became a lot more enjoyable to read. The characters were okay, I feel like it would have been easier to get to know them if you knew more about each of them. Penn and Luce were the only ones I really felt you ever got to know more than basics about. Even when it came to Daniel, you never really learned nearly as much as you could have, but then I guess that's probably been saved for later books in the series. I will be reading the next book which is released later this year, as in theory now that it's all been revealed, the next book will be much more interesting and action packed. For people looking to read a book like this though, I would point them in the direction of Hush, Hush, which has a similar storyline, but in my opinion is a much better story.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I agree with you, the cover is definitely what made me pick the book up too. Unfortunately, I gave up before I finished the slow first half :)

brizmus said...

The cover has me wanting to read this, too, even if, as you say, the story is nothing unique.

Katelyn said...

Nice review Kelly, glad you're sticking with the series, this was a book I enjoyed and hopefully the sequel will draw you in some more!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up