The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer


No. of pages: 178
Rating: 8/10
Series: Twilight Saga (Novella)

Synopsis: Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire. All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out. Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagines, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?

Review: Everyone who's read Eclipse knows how it ends for Bree Tanner, but this is the story of the week leading up to that moment. As you can imagine with over 20 violently hungry newborns all in close proximity, it's not an easy environment to be in, and even less so to survive in.

Having loved all the books in this series, I knew I was going to really enjoy something new, but I was surprised at how interesting I found it. Eclipse is my favourite book, so I know the 'Bree moment' very well and have to admit, I've never before thought about what led to that moment from her side, so when I heard this was going to be released, I was excited to have something unconnected to the Cullens, and to have a completely different perspective on vampire newborns. I loved Bree as a character, which I didn't expect to happen at all, and like most other people I also loved Diego and Fred. I did feel really frustrated with the whole Diego ending though, and I really wish that had been different. Hopefully we'll get another novella or two from Diego or Fred's perspective. I do wish that it had been longer, as 178 wasn't long enough, I wanted more the second I had finished. Can't wait for something new to this series, hopefully it won't be too long a wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OHH I cant wait to pick this one up, I love Twilight, and Eclipse I am soo with you...great review.

Caroline said...

I totally agree, great review!
I loved how interesting the choice was to pick Bree instead of the Denali sisters or other.
It gives great insight to Eclipse !
x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up